Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Welcome 2011!

Another year, another decade. Its quite a year for me. So many hopes, dreams, ambitions, regrets and achievements. Even as the year began, I was clueless as to where I wanted to be at the dawn of a new year. And as a new year approaches, I still don't know. But I think the best part was not having a worked out plan in front of me. Letting life take me on a ride. From family to friends, each and every person I know has grown so much. I'd like to think I have as well. Yes there has been some regret. Regret of what was and regrets of what could have been. They will still remain I feel. But I think the new year will have a few lessons for me. Hopefully, the ability to let go of pain and accept change will be in amongst those.


No matter what anyone says, certain feelings do arise. People will say forgive and forget. People will say take it easy. People will say strive for the best. I have probably said the same myself. At the end of it all, and I mean when you stand in front of your chosen creator, like Ram says in Orange "you don't want to just have reasons why things didn't work out". It takes an enormous amount of time to understand life in its entity. I don't preach that I know it. Just sharing some lessons that I have learnt. So what if I got some pointers from the movies I watch! I have enough sense and sensibility [not referring to the film] to know that some things do come to an end and sometimes that ending isn't happy. Picture khatam, lights off! But what else can you do but live on. Whether its a fight, a break up, a resignation, a lost job, a demise, a failed assignment or a blind date gone wrong! 


I believe the new year will be full of secrets and surprises. Some that we will enjoy and some that may leave us heart broken. All you need to do, is take them on as they come. No baggage! With that note, I present to you, my painting. I named it "Time".







Happy New Year,
Love
Githa

4 comments:

  1. It looks great--I really like the transition from the cool colors to the warm colors. I also like how there are so many different things going on, it reminds me of a big Rivera or Siquieros mural.
    I'm procrastinating at work, so I decided to do this: http://twitpic.com/3lpp4a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its just LOVELY githa. i Loved how you integrated all the suggestions you got.Naa favorite part in the painting is the Elephant and rain.And the idea to put it in an iPhone..Adhiri poyindi:)
    More than anything else its very heartening to see someone pursuing an art form that most of us think we dont have time for anymore!!
    3 cheers to you!! keep it up. I hope u continue doing this:)
    love,abhinaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Reminds me the days when I was into such things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, guys so much... I feel quite proud of myself and feel its my little achievement for 2010. Have plans of something more, bigger and better, in 2011 but still on the drawing board, literally :p

    Your encouragement is immensely appreciated.
    Love

    ReplyDelete

Who's Online